Community Circle: Week of 1/8/22
Check out our Community Circle, which includes important announcements and information about academics and extracurriculars this week.
(3 of 3)
Monday, November 15, 2021
Dear BCAM Families:
We hope this letter at the beginning of our 2nd Academic Quarter finds you well. We want to thank all the families that attended our Zoom-Video Parent-Teacher-Conferences last Wednesday and Friday. It was a great turnout.
Please be aware that now every single BCAM student 1st Quarter Report Card can be found in their MySchools Account. If you do not know how to access your student’s MySchools Account, please immediately email our Parent Coordinator Joseph Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he will get you linked to your account. And please also be aware that 1st Quarter Report Card Grades are official. They now will average with 2nd Quarter Report Card Grades (November 8th- January 21st) to result in your student’s semester grade which is placed on their permanent transcript.
In addition, the below bullets provide you key information about important topics and dates to support you in maintaining strong connection to our school community. We will continue to share updated information constantly via our Kinvo Text System, our website www.bcamhs.org, our Instagram @bcamhs, and phone calls. Please do not hesitate to contact us by Kinvo text, call (718)230-5748 or email Mr. Cooper with any questions or concerns. Your child’s safety and security, and academic and emotional development is our clear mission. As always, in any situation, we are partners and we are #BCAMStrong!!!
James O’Brien, Principal; Janna Bello-Andrews, Assistant Principal; Joseph Cooper, Parent Coordinator and the entire BCAM Staff Important BCAM Info
· BCAM Zoom Remote PTA Meeting: Wednesday, November 17, 6pm-7pm: o PTA Zoom link: https://bit.ly/3BKIq9O Passcode 465402
· Thanksgiving Holiday: Thursday, November 25 & Friday, November 26
· BCAM 2nd Quarter Progress Reports Transmitted: Wednesday, December 8
· BCAM Winter Visual Arts Exhibit Opening Reception: Thursday, December 9
· BCAM Zoom Remote PTA December Meeting: Wednesday, December 15, 6pm-7pm
· Winter Recess Holiday: Thursday, December 24 – Sunday, January 2
· BCAM Zoom Remote PTA Meeting: Wednesday, January 19, 6pm-7pm
· End of 2nd Academic Quarter: Friday, January 21
· NYC DOE Regent Exam Week: Monday, January 24 – Friday, January 28
· Monday, January 31 & Tuesday, February 1: No school for students- DOE student-free days
· 1st Day of 3rd Academic Quarter: Wednesday, February 2
· Required Forms: All students/families must complete Emergency Blue Card, Covid 19 testing consent form and family school lunch form · Link for Student Testing Consent (azureedge.net) · Link for school lunch form http://myschoolapps.com
At Brooklyn Community Arts & Media High School (BCAM), we prepare our students for 21st century academic, creative, and professional success. Through an art, media, and technology-enriched academic curriculum emphasizing community collaboration, we challenge ourselves to think critically and create knowledge in pursuit of personal excellence and meaningful social change.