Dear BCAM Families:
We hope this start-of 2020-21 letter finds you and your family well. We know this is a very tough time with COVID19 still challenging health, as well ongoing uncertainty of all sorts. Our school community has worked incredibly hard, and non-stop, this summer, to develop a safe, secure and logical school and instructional plan to support your student’s 2020-21 high school experience, whether it be home remote or blended in our BCAM building. And we hope many of you attended our multiple family orientation meetings in the past months, and/or have logged on to our website www.bcamhs.org and BCAM Instagram @bcamhs for our constant sharing of information.
If you are a BCAM Blended-Schedule Student/Family, please know our school community, our custodial staff and DOE Health/Safety have worked tireless to prepare our building and school for you. As long as you follow the clear health/safety protocols and guidelines, you will engage in organized and well-managed learning and collaborative experiences. If you are BCAM Remote-Schedule Student/Family, you will receive the same high quality instruction and experiences as those students in-building, and from 100% BCAM teachers!
This letter will provide you clear information about important topics to support you in beginning the year in a safe and organized fashion. We will continue to share updated information constantly, via our Kinvo Text System, our website, our Instagram, and phone calls. Please do not hesitate to contact us by Kinvo text, call (718) 230-5748 or email our Parent Coordinator Joseph Cooper (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns. Your child’s safety and security, and academic and emotional development is our clear mission. As always, in any situation, we are partners and we are #BCAMStrong!!! We will see your student this Wednesday.
James O’Brien, Principal; Samantha Exantus & Janna Bello, Assistant Principals; and The Entire BCAM Staff
- BCAM Required 3-Day Remote Orientation: is Wed, 9/16: 9:05am-12:50pm (in Advisory all day); Thur, 9/17: 9:05am-1:44pm (normal scheduled classes); Fri, 9/18: 9:05am-1:44pm (normal scheduled classes). Student have been invited to their advisory & classes and provided Zoom links through their DOE emails (we can no longer use BCAM emails or BCAM Google Site).
- BCAM Semester 1 Blended Schedule & Remote Instruction: begins Mon, 9/21 9:05am, with Cohort A Blended-Schedule Students in building and Remote-Schedule Students at home. Cohort B Blended & Remote Student begin Monday from home, and Blended join us in-building on Thurs & Fri.
- Student DOE Emails: Students must use DOE emails access BCAM Teach-Hub & Google Classrooms. Student DOE emails and set-up instructions are found on our website www.bcamhs.org .
- Student Cohorts & Schedules: Student cohort designations and fall academic program schedules are found either in your DOE My Student Account: www.mystudent.nyc; or in their BCAM Google Advisory Classroom, which their BCAM Advisor invited them to via email to their DOE email. Students’ fall schedules will be reviewed with student during the 3-Day Remote Orientation.
- BCAM Instructional Schedule, Instructional Model, DOE Health Information: please go to our website www.bcamhs.org to access a myriad of important information on all topics.
- Students Not Found in Cohorts; Not Having Schedule; Not Sure Where to Go: We need to connect with you!!! This means we couldn’t reach you this summer. Please go to our website for clear direction on making a learning location choice; email our AP Bello (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Parent Coordinator Joseph Cooper (jcooper12@schools,nyc.gov) ; call us at (718)230-5748; or log on to our dedicated BCAM Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81744794499?pwd=WjBSV3hKaTFSV3hFQ1ZMOXl6Y2NjQT09; or come to our building to meet briefly and safely with our staff. We will get you organized and set to begin.