March 14, 2017
Dear BCAM Students and Families,
Greetings. Please read the following enclosed items and mark down important dates listed below.
3rd Quarter Progress Report (Enclosed report)
Enclosed please find your student’s current progress report with 3 weeks left in our 3rd academic quarter. Our 3rd Quarter officially ends Friday, April 7th. Parents push your student to raise his/her grades in classes listed below the 65 passing mark!!!
3rd Quarter Parent-Teacher Conferences Thursday, April 27th & Friday, April 28th.
BCAM will host 3rd Quarter Parent-Conferences on Thurs, April 27th, from 5pm-7pm and Friday, April 28th from 1pm-3pm. Please join us to review your student’s 3rd Quarter grades, up-to-date transcripts, and meet with teachers.
Parent/Family Department of Education School Survey: Completion Due by March 31st (Enclosed Green Env)
Parents, enclosed is an envelope from us that includes your 2016-17 Parent Education School Survey, which you must complete by Friday, March 31st. This is 5 minute survey completed either online or via mail. It is hugely important to our school. It impacts our yearly school report card and allows you to share your opinions of our school.
11th Grade College Evening
BCAM 11th Grade \parents please see enclosed letter our BCAM College Counselor Alvin Carter requesting your attendance at our Tuesday, April 4th College Evening. We need you here that night to begin the college application process. We will contact you to confirm your attendance.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, March 31st: Deadline for NYC DOE Family Surveys. .
- Tuesday, April 4th: 11th Grade College Evening
- Wednesday, April 5th: SAT’s for 11th Graders and PSAT’s for 10th Graders.
- Friday, April 7th: Last day of 3rd Academic Quarter.
- Monday, April 10th- Tuesday, April 18th: NYC DOE Spring Vacation
- Tuesday, April 11th – Wednesday, April 13th: Spring Vacation Credit Recovery
- Thursday, April 27th & Friday, April 28th: 3rd Quarter Parent-Teacher Conferences
Please do not hesitate to contact our community with any questions or requests for further information. Please check on website www.bcamhs.org for updates and announcements about our students, staff and community.
James O’Brien, Principal
Samantha Exantus & Janna Bello, Assistant Principals
& the entire BCAM Staff