April 26, 2021
Dear BCAM Students and Families,
We are now in our 2nd week of 4th Quarter. Final grades that are placed permanently on DOE transcripts are an average of 3rd & 4th Quarter report card grades. So this 4th Quarter really matters! Students must continue to attend their live classes every day except Wednesdays and do all of their work!
If a student received an NX for a 3rd Quarter class, this means it is an “incomplete”. They would have failed this class, but the DOE is not issuing any fails during this COVID- impacted school year. So they have to make up work for this incomplete during 4th Quarter, or do so during summer school.
Also, please be reminded of the following upcoming calendar dates:
- Wednesday, May 12th: BCAM PTA 6pm
- Thursday, May 13th: DOE Holiday- No School
- Monday, May 17th Superintendent virtual visit to BCAM for evaluation
- Friday, May 28th Last day of live classes for Seniors (12th Graders)
- Monday, May 31st: DOE Holiday – No School
- Tues, June 1st- Friday, June 4th Senior Portfolio Presentations
- Friday, June 11th: Last day of live classes for 4th Quarter for 9th-11th Grades
- Mon, June 14th-Wed, June 23rd Regent exams & independent work completion 4th Quarter
- Tuesday, June 22nd Class of 2021 Graduation
- Friday, June 25th Last day of 2020-21 school year & diploma pick-up for grads
- Monday, July 5th 1st day of summer school for credit/course make-up
Please also be aware that BCAM will be hosting a series of professional workshops for students given by professionals from different industries and professions. Please be on the look-out for advertising of these workshops! And extra-curricular programs and PSAL teams continue until June 11th!
We encourage you to review our website at www.bcamhs.org and Twitter/Instagram @bcamhs to keep up to date with our school and access our calendar. And please contact our Parent Coordinator Joseph Cooper (718)230-5748, Ext. 338, email@example.com ) with any issues. Thank you as always for your partnership and participation.
Dr. James O’Brien, BCAM Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Janna Bello, BCAM Assistant Principal (email@example.com )
& the entire BCAM Staff Community