November 13, 2017
Dear BCAM Students and Families,
We want to express a hearty thank you to the 180 families who took the time to attend our 1st Quarter Parent-Teacher meetings last Thursday-Friday, November 9th-10th. We had a wonderful turnout that included families winning raffle prizes, giveaways and informative meetings with our BCAM staff.
Please note the following important dates in the coming month:
- Friday, November 17th, 5pm-9pm: BCAM Night!!! Students are invited to pay $5 to attend our fall BCAM Pep Rally (5:00pm), BCAM Staff vs. Students Basketball Skills Challenge (5:45pm), and a BCAM School Dance (6:30pm-9:00pm).
- Thursday-Friday, November 23rd-24th: Thanksgiving Holiday. There is no school in observance of this holiday.
- Monday, December 11th: 2nd Quarter Progress Reports. Mid-2nd Quarter Progress Reports will be mailed home to families to share a snapshot of progress 5 weeks into the 2nd Quarter.
- Wednesday, December 20th, 6pm: BCAM PTA & Parent Workshop. Please join us to discuss school business, fund raising and an art-oriented workshop for our families.
- Monday, December 25th- Monday, January 1st: Holiday Vacation & Credit Recovery. There is no school during this holiday week. However, is academic credit recovery Tuesday-Thursday, December 26th-28th, 8:30am-3:00pm for students in need of credit make-up.
We encourage you to review our website at www.bcamhs.org to keep up to date with our school and access our calendar. And, please connect to Twitter and Instagram: @bcamhs to keep up to date with BCAM on social media. Finally, do not hesitate to contact our Parent Coordinator Joseph Cooper (718)230-5748, Ext. 338, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your partnership and participation.
Dr. James O’Brien, BCAM Principal,
Samantha Exantus & Janna Bello, BCAM Assistant Principals
& the entire BCAM Community